FREE Counselling Project
Department of Health Free Counselling Project
Безкоштовна психотерапія для кожного, чиє життя зачіпають події в Україні
Thanks to funding from the Department of Health, we are delighted to offer free counselling sessions to those impacted by the ongoing crisis in Ukraine, those registered to the Defective Concrete Blocks Grant Scheme and those living with chronic illness, among a number of priority groups.
All appointments delivered through this project are provided by MyMind and carried out in-person at one of our five centres, online via video call, or by phone, without requirement for a GP referral.
Please note that this project is now drawing to a close and all remaining appointments are reserved. If you have previously registered for the project but haven’t yet availed of the six free sessions, please contact our office but note that we cannot guarantee the full allocation at this stage.
Details of the programme
To be eligible for the free counselling sessions you need to be aged 18 or over, living in Ireland, and identify as at least one of the following:
✓ Having arrived in Ireland from Ukraine in the wake of the ongoing conflict;
✓ Having family members or loved ones currently based in Ukraine;
✓ Having suffered a bereavement as a result of the conflict;
✓ Suffering from mental health issues as a result of events in Ukraine.
✓ Being an owner or occupant of a home in Donegal or Mayo that has been damaged due to the use of defective concrete blocks containing excessive amounts of mica or pyrite;
✓ Suffering from mental health issues as a result of the impact of defective concrete blocks.
✓ Suffering from Covid-19 related issues;
✓ Living with long-term chronic illness;
✓ Working or having worked in sectors that have been significantly disrupted by Covid-19;
✓ Being a front-line healthcare worker.
To avail of the free sessions, please register with MyMind .You will be required to submit some personal details and answer a few questions related to your mental health, to help us assess how best we can support you. Once you have completed the registration process, please select ‘Free Counselling Project’ to move forward.
If you are not eligible for the Free Counselling Project, please check out our other services , to find something that suits you.
If you’re already a MyMind client, call us or talk to your therapist.
Terms and condition:
The client accepts the Terms & Conditions associated with the service prior to attending the first session which in addition to the normal T&Cs for service include:
- Clients who completed 15 or more free appointments under the Covid-19 Project in 2020/21 are not eligible for free appointments under the 2022 free counselling project,
- Free of charge appointments available under this scheme are limited, subject to availability and offered on a first come first served basis to a maximum of six per person,
- A maximum of 2 appointments can be booked in advance at any one time,
- The project is expected to run throughout 2022, however, the allocation of free appointments is limited and therefore may close for new registrations early. This will be clearly communicated on MyMind’s website,
- Clients may cancel appointments up to 24 hours before the appointment is due to begin with no penalty. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are deemed a Late Cancellation/No Show. Clients with an aggregate of two Late Cancellations/No Shows will be removed from the Project and will no longer be eligible for free of charge appointments,
- If the Project is fully subscribed, Clients who wish to continue treatment may convert to regular client status and avail of the standard fee service applicable to their circumstances,
- MyMind reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions at any time.
Confidentiality:MyMind is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to provide a confidential service to all those who are seeking mental health support. Confidentiality is between the individual and the organisation and between the individual and the mental health professional. For more information see https://mymind.org/confidentiality.
Further terms and conditions can be found on: https://mymind.org/terms.
Funded by the Government of Ireland